ENDORSED BY: Sally Roddy (SS) | Tim Ford (ADC) | Amy Janon (PC) | Donna Parish (SS) | Betsy Fuhr (Acct) | Jessica Rabbiner (ADC) | Conor Karrel (Acct) | Nicole "Coco" Falls (PC) | Sara Dart (SS) | Chris Augustine (TPO)

Secretary – Sandy Fleck – Script Supervisor

As a two term member of the Board (currently serving as Secretary) I've been directly involved with the positive changes the Local is experiencing. During my first term I was Chair of both the Building and the Renovations Committees, determining the Local's office space needs, searching for the right building, purchasing it, and working with the architect to create the wonderful space we now inhabit. As Chair of the Events Committee I put on three holiday parties, each one better attended than the last and all at or under budget while a good time was had by all.

This term, being on the Negotiation and Pay Equity Committees opened my eyes to just how difficult it is to affect change for our members, despite the dedication and hard work of our union Representatives, when those on the other side of the table's only legal obligation is to show up, nothing else.

As a Delegate, what I learn at IA conventions makes me better able to talk effectively with members about union issues. It's also given me the opportunity to represent the Local in labor-related endeavors such as Labor United for Universal Healthcare and the Labor Network for Sustainability.

Looking forward I see education as a major component in the continued progress of the Local and our members. Education to improve ourselves in our crafts, certainly, and also in the ways of the union, solidarity, and how we can work together to strengthen all our positions.

From childhood my personal philosophy has been that we’re here to take care of each other, something I strive to do every day. Building on Progress Together isn’t just a catchphrase for our group of candidates, it’s the way we can all help each other rise. I welcome the opportunity to continue developing as an advocate and working on behalf of all the members of Local 871 as Board Secretary and as a Delegate.