ENDORSED BY: Sally Roddy (SS) | Tim Ford (ADC) | Amy Janon (PC) | Donna Parish (SS) | Betsy Fuhr (Acct) | Jessica Rabbiner (ADC) | Conor Karrel (Acct) | Nicole "Coco" Falls (PC) | Sara Dart (SS) | Chris Augustine (TPO)

Vice President – Pamela Brown – Production Coordinator

It has been my privilege to serve as a Member of the Board for three years. In representing you, the membership, I have exhibited Passion, Integrity, Loyalty, Fairness, and the ability to recognize my mistakes and make reparations.

Before I became involved with our local, I blamed it and its Business Agents for low wages and lack of benefits. I discovered I was uninformed, and mistaken.

In 2013 with production leaving Los Angeles, I joined the campaign to pass AB1839 – the California Tax Incentive Bill. In Sacramento, I witnessed legislators allied with I.A.T.S.E., DGA and SAG members to pass this crucial law. Significant production returned to California. AB1839 was again signed into law this year.

Inspired, I joined our 2015 negotiations committee. I learned it’s neither our Business Representative’s nor our local’s fault that we don’t have equitable wages and better working conditions. It’s the AMPTP, whose members refuse to recognize the value of our work and appropriately compensate us as industry professionals.

Although disappointing, strides were made in these negotiations. APOCs and ADCs achieved set rates and overtime. Our BA showed these crafts to be egregiously underpaid by compiling a wage presentation--glaring evidence that AMPTP could not deny.

Determined to do more, I became a Board Member, where I advocated for commissioning a Pay Equity Study. This successful investigation led to the Reel Equity Campaign and an open letter to the industry calling for fair pay. I’m proud to be an original signer of this letter and a Committee member. I also supported organizing Script Coordinators and Writers Assistants and hiring our much-needed Field Rep. Both actions have contributed significantly to a stronger, viable local.

Now we must unite behind our Reel Equity Campaign to gain deeper respect in the industry, and join with other IATSE members to create an unbeatable force in the next negotiations. I remain committed to standing up for justice in representing your best interests.

These are exciting times for our local! VOTE for our slate! We WILL definitely continue to BUILD ON PROGRESS TOGETHER!